From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2016 17:28:58 -0400
From: Ann Connolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:08:35 -0700

*apologies for cross-posting*

Hi all,

Impact is a frequently used, but rarely defined term. This is
especially true in the field of open access and scholarly
communication. What do we mean when we talk about the impact of open
access? What do we measure and why?

We’d like to invite you to join us for two upcoming webinars that look
at impact from different angles:

Title: Connecting the Dots: Scholarly Impact and the Institutional Mission
Date/time: Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern
Register here

Title: Open Access: 100 Stories of Impact
Date/time: Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern
Register here

In the first webinar, “Connecting the Dots: Scholarly Impact and the
Institutional Mission,” I’ll share how libraries are aligning the
impact of their repository initiatives with larger institutional goals
such as recruitment and retention, increasing funding, and raising the
visibility of the institution and its experts.

In the second webinar, “Open Access: 100 Stories of Impact,” Senior
Outreach Associate Promita Chatterji will discuss a framework for
understanding the impact of open access through a consideration of
individual stories.

We hope you can join us!

Regards,
Ann

--
Ann Connolly
Director of Outreach and Scholarly Communication

(510) 665-1200 x174
www.bepress.com