From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:42:02 -0500
From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 00:33:55 +0000

I asked the Gates Foundation that question the other day, and got this
answer:

"We don¹t currently have a formalized method of tracking published
research that we have funded, but based on the data available in Web of
Science, a citation database, the foundation funded 2,802 research
articles in 2012 and 2013. Of those, 863 (30%) were published in open
access journals.²

Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Scholarly Resources & Collections
Marriott Library, University of Utah