From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:59:57 -0400
From: "Randy S. Kiefer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:54:24 -0400

The CLOCKSS Archive Is Pleased to Announce the Participation of Four
New Publishers in Its Digital Preservation
Archive: PeerJ, Future Science Group, American Society of Plant
Biologists, and Channel View Publications

PeerJ

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#PeerJ

“PeerJ believes that scientific journal articles are some of the most
valuable publications our society creates. As a result, it is
essential to correctly archive them for future generations, and to
protect the integrity of the scientific record. PeerJ is committed to
secure archiving, and so we are pleased to announce this agreement
with CLOCKSS” said Peter Binfield, Co Founder and Publisher of PeerJ.

About PeerJ:  PeerJ is an Open Access scholarly publisher in the
Biological and Medical Sciences. Authors at PeerJ purchase a low-cost
lifetime membership, which gives them the ability to publish their
Open Access articles for free, for life.  The company has two
publications - a journal named “PeerJ” and a preprint server called
“PeerJ PrePrints.”  PeerJ is based in San Francisco, CA and London, UK
and will receive its first submissions in Summer 2012, with first
publications following by the end of 2012. See: http://peerj.com

----
Future Science Group

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#Future

FSG Publisher, Elisa Manzotti, said “The Future Science Group is
delighted to partner with the CLOCKSS Archive to ensure absolutely the
availability of the valuable contributions of our authors for
posterity.”

About the Future Science Group:  The London-based Future Science Group
(FSG) is an alliance of three sister imprints – Expert Reviews Ltd,
Future Medicine Ltd, and Future Science Ltd. FSG provides research
professionals and clinicians with a unique source of objective,
cutting-edge information on emerging and evolving trends in science
and medicine. See www.future-science-group.com for more information.

----
American Society of Plant Biologists

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#ASPB

“ASPB has long understood that its job as a publisher extends beyond
the day-to-day business of producing journals and includes the vital
responsibility of ensuring the long-term preservation of and access to
our content,” says ASPB Executive Director Dr. Crispin Taylor. We are
therefore delighted that CLOCKSS is becoming a key plank in our
archiving strategy – even while we trust that users will never
actually need to access our journal content via the CLOCKSS Archive!”

About ASPB:  The American Society of Plant Biologists was founded in
1924 to promote the growth and development of plant biology, to
encourage and publish research in plant biology, and to promote the
interests and growth of plant scientists in general. Over the decades
the Society has evolved and expanded to provide a forum for molecular
and cellular biology as well as to serve the basic interests of plant
science. It publishes the highly cited and respected journals Plant
Physiology and The Plant Cell. Membership spans six continents, and
members work in such diverse areas as academia, government
laboratories, and industrial and commercial environments. The Society
also has a large student membership. ASPB plays a key role in uniting
the international plant science disciplines. http://my.aspb.org

----
Channel View Publications

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#Channel

“Channel View Publications Ltd. and its imprint Multilingual Matters
are delighted to collaborate with CLOCKSS to ensure that our ebook
titles are archived and safe for the future” said Tommi Grover,
Managing Director.

About Channel View Publications Ltd.:  Channel View Publications is an
international, independent academic publisher based in the UK. We
publish work on tourism and sustainability as Channel View
Publications, and on multilingualism, language learning, translation
and creative writing pedagogy as Multilingual Matters.
http://www.multilingual-matters.com

****