From:
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2016 19:21:15 -0400
From: Tracy Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 12:19:10 +0100

UKSG is delighted to announce the appointment of Sarah Bull as new Executive
Director of UKSG - http://www.uksg.org/node/945

UKSG, the key professional interest group for the scholarly communications
community, has announced the appointment of Sarah Bull as the new Executive
Director of UKSG.

UKSG announced the creation of this senior position earlier this year, with
the aim of strengthening its team of employees, further supporting
volunteers, extending partnerships, and leading operational activities into
the next stage of the organisation's evolution.

Sarah has been involved with UKSG for a number of years as a volunteer, most
notably having co-chaired the KBART committee from 2009 to 2013. Her
professional background spans both serials and e-resource librarianship, as
well as the technology sector, having worked for a major library management
system vendor in her early career. She has worked extensively with
publishers and intermediaries through KBART and in her library roles.

Kate Price, UKSG Chair, commented, "UKSG's influence has been growing, with
the Annual Conference stronger than ever, and the introduction of our
popular free webinars and our winter networking event, the UKSG Forum.
Recently, a wide-ranging survey of our members showed that we could go even
further in our mission to connect the knowledge community. We are delighted
that Sarah will be joining our team to advance that aim, after succeeding in
a highly competitive recruitment process."

When asked about her new role, Sarah said, "Having been committed to UKSG as
a volunteer over my career, I have always been impressed with the
innovative, inclusive and collaborative nature of UKSG as an organisation,
so I am really delighted to have the opportunity to support UKSG and lead
its operations in a full-time professional capacity."

Sarah is currently Assistant Director: Collection Management & Development,
Library Services at the University of Birmingham and will be starting work
officially with UKSG on 26 September this year.

-ends-

Contact
Kate Price, UKSG Chair, Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 1540, Email:
mailto:[log in to unmask]

About UKSG - http://www.uksg.org

UKSG's mission is to connect the knowledge community and encourage the
exchange of ideas on scholarly communication. It is the only organisation
spanning the wide range of interests and activities across the scholarly
information community of librarians, publishers, intermediaries and
technology vendors.
UKSG's vision is to use its breadth of knowledge and influence to facilitate
an efficient information chain, a better information experience for
scholars, and a world where all members of the scholarly and professional
information supply chain understand each other

Tracy Gardner
UKSG Marketing Associate
www.uksg.org