From:
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2013 17:39:48 -0500
From: Heather Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:35:31 -0800

Note that Sage OPEN does provide professional copyediting services,
according to the Sage OPEN FAQ:
http://sgo.sagepub.com/site/misc/FAQs.xhtml

This requires a little tweaking of my estimates below. With 5 articles
published per day, I think that between a full-time Managing Editor
and junior assistant copyediting could easily be managed in-house.
Which suggests that this model might be further tweaked to allow for
the same level of profit with an even lower APF if the author wanted
to take on their own copyediting. This is an approach work looking at.
Authors from the developing world, for example, might be able to lower
their costs on this score by taking advantage of the AuthorAID program
http://www.authoraid.info/

best,

Heather Morrison