From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 2015 17:28:54 -0400
From: "England, Deberah" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 19:44:35 +0000

Call for Proposals: Great Lakes E-Summit 2015

Outreach and Access: Helping Users Find and Use the Library’s
Electronic Resources

The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake, Ohio, September 14-15, 2015

We are asking for your proposals for the fifth annual Great Lakes
E-Summit. Our theme this year, outreach and access, addresses how
libraries can improve online information services through marketing
and outreach, but also the configuration of discovery tools, metadata
enhancements, functionality and usability testing, and technology
support. We are inviting proposals for fifty minute sessions that
address topics within the following tracks.

1.)    Outreach and marketing

We welcome proposals about efforts to market and advertise electronic
resources to users. How does your library keep users informed about
newly acquired online information resources? Does your library engage
in any special efforts to advertise eBooks or promote online reading?
How is marketing and outreach for electronic resources integrated into
routine electronic resources management?

Our emphasis for this conference track is on specific applications of
communications or information technologies that draw the attention of
users at their convenience to the library’s electronic resources.
Examples of suitable topics include online advertisements, the use of
social media, online guides, tutorials, multimedia and/or other
methods of communicating about electronic resources to users that do
not require formal instruction or interpersonal interaction.

2.)    Access, discovery, and user support

We welcome proposals regarding how your library makes electronic
resources discoverable and accessible to all users. Suitable topics
include best practices for the configuration and setup of searching
options in discovery tools, best practices or new uses of social
tagging and other metadata enhancements to promote discovery of
appropriate resources in the online information environment, best
practices for troubleshooting access problems, functionality and
usability testing, and modifications to services to ensure access to
users with disabilities.

Please submit your proposal by May 15, 2015

Questions?

For more information: http://greatlakese-summit.blogspot.com/

Or you may also contact [log in to unmask] with questions.

Please share this information with all of your colleagues. We look
forward to reading your proposals.