From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2017 22:52:18 -0400
From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 04:15:12 +0000

>Interesting, here is an attempt to eliminate a useful and quite
>precise terminology - "a predatory publisher." Why - just to get extra
>points in kowtowing to the same powerful forces which silenced Jeffrey
>Beall?

Ari, if you think I’m kowtowing to anyone on this issue you clearly
don’t know me well. But if you’d like to know why I think the term
“predatory” is not, in fact, either very useful or very precise you
can read my explanation here:

https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2015/05/11/should-we-retire-the-term-predatory-publishing/

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Collections & Scholarly Communication
Marriott Library, University of Utah
Desk: (801) 587-9989
Cell: (801) 721-1687