From:
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2016 20:15:22 -0500
From: "Gamboa, Camille" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 16:18:16 +0000

Supporting Serendipitous Discovery in the Scholarly Research Process

Tuesday, February 16, 11am EST

Register: http://ow.ly/Y52x0

In SAGE Publishing’s latest discoverability white paper, we share the
results of original research into an often overlooked aspect of
discovery for today’s scholarly researcher –serendipitous discovery,
an information-seeking method by which scholars uncover surprising
connections between content and concepts. The paper reveals new
insights into the search preferences and practices that lead to
indirect and unplanned discovery, as a well as a multitude of
opportunities for information professionals to aid readers in
serendipity within their research journey.

Moderated by infoDOCKET editor Gary Price, in this one-hour webinar,
white paper authors Lettie Conrad and Alan Maloney of SAGE will share
the findings from their research and present a range of publisher
solutions, including SAGE Recommends. We expect a lively Q&A with the
audience to follow.

Register here: http://ow.ly/Y52x0

Thank you,

Camille Gamboa