From:
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2016 20:03:02 -0500
From: "Pikas, Christina K." <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 13:10:19 +0000

I find that very strange indeed!  Elsevier’s EngineeringVillage
platform has a share > embed option as well as a link to post to
Delicious (probably left over from a few years ago?).

I just checked and ScienceDirect doesn’t have a “share to” link like
many other journal platforms do.

Hasn’t Scopus been advertising badges and whatnot you can add to show
how many times things were cited? Embed a list of recent articles?
Maybe this is a new policy?

In any case, I think you should push back on this requirement even if
it does seem unlikely someone will be sharing from Scopus instead of
the original full text.

Christina Pikas

(note: all opinions my own and do not represent my organization, etc.)