From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:56:36 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 07:38:34 +0000

Rick,

Thanks for your comments. From what I can see, I think the model can
work in any discipline, I don’t believe it can only work in areas like
ours - but, there’s only one way to find out - someone’s got to try!

OECD’s publishing operation has a stand-alone budget which pays all
the bills, staff costs, investments etc - just like any society or
other non-profit publisher. We get a contribution from the OECD’s
members, 10% of the budget, but this pays for things we have to do
that we would ordinarily choose not to do. So, essentially, yes, the
publishing programme is self-sufficient.

Toby Green
OECD