From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:39:14 -0500
From: Ari Belenkiy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:06:24 -0800

Sandy, I can mention several "top" Harvard and Oxford journals. For
example, I got a panegyric from HTR's referee - they don't mind
sending the entire referee's report... with an advice to submit the
paper to "more specialized" journal.

Fred, my impression was that editors "of old" put originality
(novelty) before everything else. They would laugh at rejection by a
referee because you are unfamiliar with "secondary" sources, let alone
because of the "wrong" style of references.

I agree, the appropriateness of the paper for this particular journal
(a so-called "readership") might be a good reason to reject a paper
despite its virtues, but in a matter of days - not months!

Ari Belenkiy