From:
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2012 19:15:47 -0400
From: Nawin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:42:49 -0500

Often journal citation rankings have little to do with how much one
spends on copy-editing, but more to do with journal editorial process,
workflow, tools used, and, quite simply, how well the copy-editing
functions are managed.  Labor markets (where work is done) can have a
tremendous impact on costs.  Subject matter can also have some impact.
 I have seen range of costs associated with editorial processing from
manuscript acceptance to "ready-to-publish" range anywhere from $5 per
published page (A4-size) to $500.  Generally speaking, you should be
able to do a good-quality job for around $25 per page in the US.

Nawin Gupta
Informed Publishing Solutions, Inc.