From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2013 15:32:08 -0400
From: Sarah Glasser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 14:17:32 -0400

With apologies for cross-posting…

Arkansas State University purchases entire Books at JSTOR corpus

Dean B. Ellis Library is first institution to make over 14,000 front-
and backlist titles available to patrons

JSTOR is pleased to announce that Arkansas State University's Dean B.
Ellis Library has entered into an agreement to purchase the entire
corpus of books available through the Books at JSTOR program. With the
launch of Books at JSTOR in November 2012, scholarly monographs from
34 participating presses are now available on the JSTOR platform.
Books are cross-searchable with the millions of journal articles and
primary sources on JSTOR, linked through a vast network of citations,
and contextualized by more than 1 million book reviews on the
platform. In addition to making outright purchases, Arkansas State
University will supplement its collection by running a demand-driven
acquisition program with JSTOR.

"After intense analysis and evaluation, we are pleased to install
Books at JSTOR as the foundation of our e-book collection," commented
Jeff Bailey, director of Library Services. "We are committed to
providing our students and faculty with the highest quality digital
scholarship, and the JSTOR platform continues to meet our needs."

Frank Smith, director of Books at JSTOR, added, "We're delighted to
have Arkansas State's commitment and their recognition of the value of
the program and the benefits of having access to scholarly books on
JSTOR. We think students and faculty at Arkansas State will find many
scholarly treasures in the books offered through JSTOR. The books
should be a boon for scholarly research, whether for an undergraduate
essay or path-breaking journal article or monograph."

For more information, please visit http://about.jstor.org, contact us
at [log in to unmask], or stop by booth #1221 at ACRL.

About Arkansas State University Library

The Dean B. Ellis Library at Arkansas State University serves more
than 15,000 students and faculty, and meets the informational and
research needs of the university by offering a variety of services,
including a wealth of electronic resources. Arkansas State University,
located in Jonesboro, AR, is the flagship campus of the Arkansas State
University System. The university was founded in 1909 and offers more
than 40 degree programs in nearly 150 fields of study.

About JSTOR

JSTOR is a digital library of more than 1,900 academic journals,
14,000 books, and 2 million primary source objects. JSTOR helps people
discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content through a
powerful research and teaching platform, and preserves this content
for future generations. JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit
organization that also includes Ithaka S+R and Portico. For more
information, please visit http://about.jstor.org.

Sarah Glasser
Director, Global Product Marketing
ITHAKA