From:
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:28:05 -0400
From: Sally Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:02:17 +0100

According to my calculations in 2007, the top 5 (now 4) publishers
(Elsevier, Springer, T&F, Blackwell & Wiley) published nearly 25% of the
journals in Ulrichs (about half of these on behalf of nonprofit
organisations).

In 1993 David Brown used figures supplied by BH Blackwell which indicated
that 117 'large' publishers (out of a total of 17531) published 17086 (20%)
of a total of 34833 journals.

Sally Morris
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing
West Sussex, UK  BN13 3UU
Email:  [log in to unmask]