From:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:43:51 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:20:55 -0500

Here are the basic membership eligibility requirements of the AAUP:
http://www.aaupnet.org/aaup-members/becoming-a-member/eligibility-requirements.

There is also a much more detailed set of Guidelines on Membership,
which I can't find on the AAUP web site. The AAUP has a standing
committee on membership (on which I once served), which reviews
thoroughly every application and pays special attention to procedures
in place to ensure quality control.

It should be said that there is a degree of flexibility in these
requirements that acknowledges differences in how different presses
operate and are related to their parent institutions. E.g., there is
no mandated number of faculty members who must serve on the press's
editorial board.

Sandy Thatcher