From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 20:30:28 -0500
From: Kim Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 22:43:22 +0000

**** Cross-posted to multiple lists; please excuse any duplication. ****

The Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge
Saturday May 20 – Tuesday May 23, 2017; Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood, Oregon

REGISTRATION IS OPEN

We’re so excited to share our 2017 Program with you! Our topics this
year range from data visualization and ways to tell your story to
diversity in the workforce to RFPs to streaming video to usage of
different types of collections. We are especially excited about to
bring you DeEtta Jones as this year’s keynote speaker. DeEtta will
speak about ways to reframe our roles as leaders, managers and
practitioners, encouraging us to think about shifts in mental models
and behaviors, based on practical experience in libraries, which may
yield new results. She promises to be inspiring, and to equip us with
some practical steps for having an immediate impact on the health of
our organizations, colleagues, and personal practice.

About The Acquisitions Institute

Since 2000, we are the pre-eminent conference located in Western North
America on acquisitions and collection development held at Timberline
Lodge. We are a small, informal and stimulating gathering in a
convivial and glorious Pacific Northwest setting, focused on the
methods and innovation of building and managing library collections.
This year, we’ll be meeting Saturday May 20 – Tuesday May 23, 2017.
Timberline Lodge is located on the slope of Mt. Hood, about an hour
east of Portland, Oregon. Read more about us at
http://www.acquisitioninstitute.org, contact us as

About Timberline Lodge

The Timberline Lodge conference facility offers a relaxed atmosphere
for librarians, vendors, and publishers to discuss issues of concern.
Plan to come and listen to one another in this small conference
(enrollment is limited to 85) with its rustic resort setting and the
finest of people and conversations. Presenters are encouraged to
engage the audience and there are plenty of opportunities for informal
discussion outside the scheduled program. Plan to enjoy the good food,
the beautiful mountain scenery, snow sports and swimming, and favorite
readings. Explore the Timberline Lodge web site for a sense of the
historic character of the lodge. We have reserved the entire suite of
rooms for the Institute.