From:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2013 20:46:58 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:52:36 +0100

There is a major UK university which over a decade ago changed their
contracts with staff so that anyone taking a university position had to
agree that the university could claim copyright on anything written not just
in university time or as part of their university work but also on any
computer owned or maintained by the university. They have never enforced
this but....

As any former academic knows the maintenance of (home) computers is a real
perk for academics.

Anthony