From:
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:24:07 -0800
From: Mitar <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 18:22:28 +010

Hi!

> Many (including me) are working hard to try to ensure that the US OSTP
> mandate and the Canadian Tri-Agency mandate will be ID/OA too.

If we are talking about ambiguities, what about the ambiguity of the
world "open access" itself. Does those "mandates" require "open access"
by allowing only free reading or also reuse and redistribution? "Open
access" which does not allow use by computer but only manual access is
not really something we want in 21st century. You cannot manually go
over all publications anymore. You need tools. And tools should have
access to publications as well. Tools should be allowed to analyze them.
Tools should be allowed to distribute, push, pull them.

Mitar

http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m