From:
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:05:35 -0400
From: "Gillingham, Emily - Oxford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:29:52 +0100

In case you were not aware, the results of Wiley’s open access survey
of 8000+ authors have recently been published.  You can read a summary
of the results on our Exchanges blog site here:
http://exchanges.wiley.com/blog/2013/10/08/mind-the-gap-2013-wiley-open-access-survey/

We’ve also created a data visualization tool so that you can drill
into the data by research experience, region, and subject area,
available here:
http://exchanges.wiley.com/blog/2013/10/22/playing-with-numbers-opening-up-our-open-access-survey-data/

And have published this infographic which shows key results from our
author survey alongside OA results from our librarian survey
(conducted in May) as well as Wiley’s own experiences of where authors
who choose to publish OA are coming from:
http://exchanges.wiley.com/blog/2013/10/25/oa-a-picture-is-worth-a-thousand-words/

You can see more about the effect that funder mandates are having on
the take-up of Wiley’s OA offerings here:

http://exchanges.wiley.com/blog/2013/10/23/uk-open-access-mandates-six-months-on/

Also, during this International Open Access Week, we announced the
transition of four leading journals from the subscription model to
Gold OA from January 2014, bringing the total number of Wiley’s open
access titles to 28:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/PressRelease/pressReleaseId-109721.html

You can also read a comment here about the role of open communications
in the open science movement:
http://exchanges.wiley.com/blog/2013/10/24/five-reasons-for-publishers-to-move-towards-open-communication/

More about Wiley Open Access can be found here: http://www.wileyopenaccess.com/

To subscribe to email alerts or the RSS feed for our Exchanges blog
please visit: http://exchanges.wiley.com/blog/

And lastly, you can follow us at http://twitter.com/wileylibinfo

All the best,

Emily