From:
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 18:13:16 -0400
From: "Guédon Jean-Claude" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 03:05:02 -0400

I question this figure, Sandy. For example, the 6,000 academic
journals vetted by Latindex in Latin America are all supported by
academic institutions.

Also academic presses are not alone on the non-profit side of things:
association publications also exist, and they do not all behave like
the American Chemical Society.

I was using the example of U. presses in the US to show that, even
there, subsidies had existed until well after the 2nd WW.

Jean-Claude Guédon
Professeur titulaire
Littérature comparée
Université de Montréal