From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:23:09 -0500
From: Peter Suber <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 10:25:53 -0500

* Announcement (cross-posted) *

I just mailed the December issue of the SPARC Open Access Newsletter.
This issue takes a close look at OA journals published by scholarly
societies.  Excerpt:  "How many scholarly societies publish OA
journals, and how many OA journals do they publish?  Four years ago
(November 2007), Caroline Sutton and I released the first edition of
our inventory answering those questions, and today we release the
second edition.  Cutting to the chase:  Our 2007 list turned up 425
societies publishing 450 full or non-hybrid OA journals.  Our 2011
list shows 530 societies publishing 616 full OA journals."

The look-back sections reprint short excerpts from SOAN five and ten
years ago this quarter.

December 2011 issue
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/12-02-11.htm

How to subscribe and unsubscribe to the newsletter and discussion forum.
http://www.arl.org/sparc/publications/soan

The current and back issues are all open access, of course.
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/archive.htm

Peter

Peter Suber
Senior Researcher, SPARC
Berkman Fellow, Harvard University
Research Professor of Philosophy, Earlham College
Open Access Project Director, Public Knowledge
gplus.to/petersuber