LIBLICENSE-L  June 2013

LIBLICENSE-L June 2013

Re: From Nature: 66 journals banned for boosting impact factor with self-citations

Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:35:58 -0400

From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 02:08:27 +0000

>And it deflects attention from
>other 'predatory' behaviour by other publishers.

Odd. I would have said that articles, organizational statements, blog
postings, and discussion lists are everywhere filled with commentary on
the predatory behavior of non-OA publishers. I'm not saying this is a bad
thing -- I very often agree. But if attention is being significantly
deflected from that issue by Beall's List, then the mind boggles at what
the literature would look like if his list were taken down.

---
Rick Anderson
Interim Dean, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah