Re: Book publishing privacy policies

Tue, 18 Feb 2014 19:08:48 -0500

From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:30:59 -0600

Most general IT staff at universities have no familiarity with
publishing, and thus their usefulness to presses is limited. At Penn
State we were fortunate to have a full-time dedicated IT staff person
from the early 2000s on, but we were the exception rather than the
rule for small and medium-sized presses. Before that time our IT work
was done by other people on the staff who had other responsibilities,
such as designers or marketing staff. I believe that is still the norm
today for smaller presses.