Re: Book publishing privacy policies

Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:57:27 -0500

From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:49:37 -0500

Ken,

No quarrel with anything you have here, but you are looking at this
from the point of view of the end-user, which is only part of the
equation.  What has caught my attention is that some organizations
(and I am thinking in particular of universities and university
presses) may be collecting data without knowing it or at least without
their staff knowing all the implications.  That's how I interpret Eric
Hellman's earlier comment.  I am still investigating this and would
certainly like to know if anyone can cite instances of tracking and
data collection by such organizations.

Joe Esposito