Re: License agreement for Microfilm?

Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:53:34 -0500

From: Karin Wikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:26:13 -0500

I have actually had to license physical materials -- not microfilm,
but video.  The Communications School wanted all the TV news coverage
of the OJ Simpson trial.  It was available, and on DVD, but it comes
with a 3-year license.  After 3 years, we have to either pay the fee
again, or return the DVD.

That said, I think it is pretty outrageous to ask for a limiting
license on a microfilm purchase.

Kudos to Ramona for successfully standing her ground!

Karin

Karin Wikoff
Electronic and Technical Services Librarian
Ithaca College Library
Ithaca, NY 14850
Email: [log in to unmask]