Re: License agreement for Microfilm?

Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:47:46 -0500

From: "Mr. Puneet Kishor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 16:17:24 -0800

> On Feb 23, 2014, at 3:56 PM, LIBLICENSE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> My opinion is that a license can restrict fair use, but it must be
> quite explicit to do so.  The mere existence of a license does not
> trump fair use, but it's specific wording might.

Perhaps a very naive question, but could you elaborate on that Kevin.
If fair use lies outside the reach of copyright, and if a license can
only apply to the rights given by copyright, how can a license
restrict fair use? Could you give an example of this explicitness you
speak of that might place such a restriction?

Puneet.