LIBLICENSE-L  October 2014

LIBLICENSE-L October 2014

Re: Digital bookmobile?

Mon, 6 Oct 2014 19:22:13 -0400

From: "David N. Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 13:36:31 +0000

Addressing only question 2:

The public library market penetration for Overdrive is probably
extremely high.  As far as I can tell, Tennessee has a contract with
them that serves all the Public library systems in the state, which
would make that 100% (Tennessee Reads (Regional Ebook and Audio
Dowload System)).  However, as far as I can tell, many academic
libraries do not have overdrive.  Our library doesn't.  That would
diminish their market.  I guess for Tennessee one could stretch the
numbers to the 90s in percentage given the ratio of public libraries
to college/university libraries.

David Nelson
Chair, Collection Development and Management
Middle Tennessee State University