Current Liblicense Archive - Re: Growing Impact of Non-Elite Journals

List archives since November 2011, after the list migrated to the Center for Research Libraries.

LIBLICENSE-L  October 2014

LIBLICENSE-L October 2014

Re: Growing Impact of Non-Elite Journals

Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:34:04 -0400

From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:18:06 -0400

Not persuasive.  The number of articles continues to grow, the number
of slots in the so-called elite journals is pretty much constant.  If
all the seats are taken at Harvard, Princeton, and Yale, do we expect
parents to tell their kids not to go to college at all?  Would we
expect that someone who attends the U. of Michigan or Villanova has no
economic contribution to make?  The question about this article is why
anyone thinks it is newsworthy.  Where was it published again?

Joe Esposito