Current Liblicense Archive - Call for Proposals: NC Serials Conference 2015

List archives since November 2011, after the list migrated to the Center for Research Libraries.

LIBLICENSE-L  October 2014

LIBLICENSE-L October 2014

Call for Proposals: NC Serials Conference 2015

Sun, 26 Oct 2014 17:30:20 -0400

From: Kim Steinle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:12:42 -0400

We are pleased to announce that the 24th Annual North Carolina Serials
Conference will be held on March 6, 2015 at The William and Ida Friday
Center for Continuing Education in Chapel Hill:

http://web.lib.ecu.edu/ncserialsconference/

The Conference Planning Committee is currently accepting proposals for
presentations that reflect the 2015 conference theme - Serials
(R)evolution: The Future is Now!  The landscape of serials management
has evolved drastically over the life of the North Carolina Serials
Conference, and we have been marching ahead at an ever-increasing
pace.  How have we armed ourselves for this ongoing transformation?
What strategies are we employing to avoid chaos?  We are bombarded
with options, yet our budgets are often under fire.  What innovations
are we exploring?  Is peace on the horizon?  Rise up and share your
stories from the front!

Proposals may address any aspect of the serials industry or serials
management and may be submitted by any member of the serials
profession including publishers, vendors, librarians, staff, and
students.

Proposals should be submitted by e-mail in an attachment to Kim
Steinle and Patrick Carr at [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask] The
deadline for submissions is December 1, 2014.

When submitting a proposal, please include the following information:

1. Contact details (including your name, mailing address, telephone
number, and e-mail address)

2. A short (50 words or less) biographical description for each speaker

3. Presentation title

4. An abstract (approximately 100 words)

5. Type of Program

·         Presentation

·         Panel Discussion

·         Hands-on Workshop

·         Lightning Talk

·         Other (please provide details)

6. Estimate of time required to present topic

Please note: Presenters’ registration expenses will be waived.

The Planning Committee will review all proposals for their content,
timeliness, relevance, and fit with the overall Conference content.
The Committee reserves the right to refocus or combine proposals as
needed (with notice) to reach a diverse audience and to maximize use
of program time slots.