Current Liblicense Archive - Re: Query re mandatory deposit of theses and dissertations

List archives since November 2011, after the list migrated to the Center for Research Libraries.

LIBLICENSE-L  October 2014

LIBLICENSE-L October 2014

Re: Query re mandatory deposit of theses and dissertations

Wed, 1 Oct 2014 18:45:14 -0400

From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 12:55:22 +0000

At my institution we require deposit of theses and dissertations, but we
allow authors to put an embargo on public access if they wish. To deny
them that option would seem to me like a pretty fundamental breach of
academic freedom.

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Scholarly Resources & Collections
Marriott Library, University of Utah