LIBLICENSE-L  December 2014

LIBLICENSE-L December 2014

Free Webinar: How do students use online videos?

Thu, 4 Dec 2014 19:05:51 -0500

From: "Gamboa, Camille" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 15:31:21 +0000

*Apologies for cross postings*

Thursday, December 11, 2pm EST
http://ow.ly/Fmgfu

From flipped classrooms, MOOCs, and distance education, to hybrid
classrooms and individual study, it is no wonder that a recent survey
of 3,700 faculty members found that 92% of faculty use video in their
teaching. However, student use of video is constantly changing and
remains a mystery for many.

Join us in this interactive one-hour webinar where we investigate how
students use videos as a learning tool, why they use it, and how much
they really enjoy it. Our findings yield from wide-ranging research
including interviews, surveys, focus groups and more. The discussion
will provide information on the functionality of the video platforms,
where students find videos, how long they watch them for, and how
connected they are to what they are watching.

Register now here: http://ow.ly/Fmgfu

*BONUS* - If you will be attending the ALA Midwinter Meeting in
Chicago, join us in the SAGE booth #4021 for a behind-the-scenes look
at video in higher education and BRUNCH. Email:
[log in to unmask] if you are interested in attending.

Thank you,

Camille Gamboa
PR and Public Affairs Manager
SAGE