Re: Invitation to join STM¹s consultation ­ article sharing on Scholarly Collaboration Networks

Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:26:59 -0500

From: Danny Kingsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:57:31 +0000

Thanks Fred,

My comment is this appears to be an attempt to try and catch the cat that
has left the bag some time ago. Caveats on sizes of academic groups would
seem to be an attempt to exclude ResearchGate and Academia.edu and the
wish to track everything seems like a way to get 'evidence' that the
publishing industry can then later try and turn into an argument of
further restrictions on sharing.

I¹m sorry, but this document does not demonstrate a genuine interest in
allowing the natural discourse of scholarly communication to go on.

Danny

Dr Danny Kingsley
Visiting Fellow
Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science (CPAS)
w: http://cpas.anu.edu.au/about-us/people/danny-kingsley
t: @dannykay68