Authorized sites on license agreements

Thu, 31 Mar 2016 16:34:20 -0400

From: Sarah Beaubien <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 13:19:05 +0000

Maurine, we're struggling with this issue as well. I'm finding that
different vendors define 'site' differently and I'm often explaining
that, while we do have several libraries with different street
addresses, we all are part of the same unit, report to the same
administration, share the same budget, have the same students,
faculty, and staff, and one set of IP ranges as you indicated.  I
understand that there are cases where it would make sense to have
unique licenses for institutions that are affiliated in some ways but
independent in others. In our particular situation, the geography
seems arbitrary to me.  There are instances where I'm questioning the
value of having electronic content that requires seats or multiple
licenses.  It isn't financially sustainable for us, and I'd also like
to hear how others are handling it.

Sarah