Mon, 7 Mar 2016 17:36:25 -0500

From: Kevin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 01:33:43 +0000

Don't lose hope Rick, I am happy to answer your two questions -- no,
and no.  I am saying that copyright is a real law that needs serious
revision, at least. To accomplish that revision we need to get past
the idea that our current version of copyright is an ahistorical
expression of moral righteousness.  Some of the reactions to Sci-Hub
on this list struck me as tending toward that view, and I wanted to
offer a different perspective

Kevin

Sent from my iPad