Get it from author requests - success rates?

Wed, 2 Mar 2016 18:27:59 -0500

From: "Hinchliffe, Lisa W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 00:50:13 +0000

Stevan Harnad mentions the option to implement Copy-Request Button
<http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/268511/> being implemented in institutional
eprint repositories. ResearchGate et al also enable requesting from
authors.

Has anyone conducted any formal or informal studies of response rate to
such requests? I know that as an author, I reply but usually not for a few
days since requests come in at all hours, while I¹m traveling, etc. and I
don¹t always have ecopies of things I published years ago (in print). I go
find ecopies or scan but that isn¹t instantaneous. And, myself I¹ve
tracked down scholars to try and contact them only to find they have left
academia, retired, or on case passed away. And, when I do write - response
rate isn¹t 100% by any means.

Thanks for any pointers!
Lisa

--Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe Professor/Coordinator for Information Literacy
Services and InstructionUniversity Library 434, University of Illinois,
Urbana, Illinois 61801 <mailto:[log in to unmask]>, 217-333-1323,

Candidate for ALA President, 2017-2018
http://lisa4ala.org <http://lisa4ala.org/>,
https://www.facebook.com/lisa4ala, http://twitter.com/lisa4alaprez