From: "Stuivenga, Will" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 23:09:57 +0000
The Washington State Library announces the release of a Request for
Proposals (RFP) for the Statewide Database Licensing (SDL) project.
Proposals are solicited from firms interested in providing web-based
digital products or services to nonprofit libraries located in the
State of Washington.
The RFP solicits proposals for products in several categories:
1) Aggregated periodical databases covering a wide variety of
subject areas with content that will be of interest to all types of
nonprofit libraries and their patrons;
2) Newspapers both national and local, with as many papers as
possible from the State of Washington;
3) Resources designed for children and students (both K-6 and
K-12) that include at least one search interface designed for the
younger researcher, and with database content appropriate for
elementary reading levels;
4) Products in other categories as described in the RFP.
The RFP is available on the OSOS web site procurements page:
http://sos.wa.gov/q/p and via Washington’s Electronic Business
Solution (WEBS): https://fortress.wa.gov/ga/webs/. Copies of the
documents in Microsoft Word format (for convenience) are available by
request from the RFP Coordinator.
· The due date for Letters of Intent to Propose is March 11, 2016.
· The due date for proposals is April 1, 2016.
The RFP Coordinator is Will Stuivenga: [log in to unmask]
Will Stuivenga, Cooperative Projects Manager, Library Development
Washington State Library | Office of the Secretary of State
360.704.5217 | fax: 360.586.7575
[log in to unmask]