Sun, 13 Mar 2016 21:17:43 -0400

From: "Jean-Claude Guédon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:47:27 -0500

I have no quarrel with the general thrust of Todd's argument.

The time element was introduced because, indeed, it could help (or
mask) what the purpose was. Thank you for helping to clarify.

If I download something from Sci-Hub from my personal computer at
home, on a weekend, and a publishers sues my university, the
university will simply say: this has nothing to do with us. And I
suspect most judges would agree with that.

Jean-Claude Guédon

Professeur titulaire
Littérature comparée
Université de Montréal