LIBLICENSE-L  August 2017

LIBLICENSE-L August 2017

journal usage stats software responses

Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:52:00 -0400

From: Linda Anne Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 14:10:29 +0000

HI all,

Last week I posted the following query to liblicense-l:

We currently mange Excel spreadsheets of e-journal usage statistics
manually and are looking for software, such as ProQuest/Serials
Solutions 360Counter or RedLink, to streamline statistics management.
Does anyone have successful experience using a software product for
usage statistics management and analysis that you’d be willing to
share?  Please respond to me directly.

Thank you to all who responded.  Several individuals said they face a
similar dilemma and hoped for useful suggestions to help to solve
usage statistics management and analysis challenges.  Below are
comments I received from individuals who have found or are exploring
various solutions.  I also received an offer from RedLink to do an
online demo of their product.  If you have comments or suggestions to
add, others would certainly be interested in your solutions,
suggestions, and opinions.

*******

“We have been using the ERM system 'RMS'  from Sempertool for 3 years
to manage more than 4000 subscriptions (packages/big-deals and single
subscriptions) (electronic and paper). It has a very nice statistics
module. More info on:  http://www.sempertool.dk/services.”

“SPSS is handy way to deal with Excel files.

At least you wouldn't need to type anything - just click several
entries and that's it.”

“We use Intota, but it’s obvious it did not develop as they promised.
We are currently exploring LibInsights, the Springshare product”

“I have been struggling to get good analysis for the decade that I
have been here.  We currently have a software product, but no one is
using it.  I have been gathering statistics on my own and using
Excel.”

Best,

--L.

Linda A. Brown, Associate Professor