From: Bonnie Zavon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:12:21 -0800

ECS Selects HighWire Press to Host Its Digital Library

[http://highwire.stanford.edu/PR/ECSchoosesHighWire.pdf]

ECS Publisher Mary Yess announced that The Electrochemical
Society has awarded the hosting of its ECS Digital Library
(ECS DL) to Stanford University's HighWire Press, with a launch
date anticipated for June 2012.

The Society's peer-reviewed journals have consistently
ranked among the top international publications in their
field (based on ISI Science Citation Index criteria) and
its proceedings and extended meeting abstracts provide
scientists with a first look into the current research. "We
know," remarked Yess, "that HighWire will not only be
hosting ECS's legacy content of more than 75,000 papers
and abstracts, but will also offer a new set of opportunities
for visibility and discoverability for future research published
by the Society."

"HighWire is a leader in hosting technology and integration,
and a frontrunner in the academic community," continued
Yess. "With an active presence in the digital dissemination
of STM and other scholarly content, HighWire's e-publishing
capabilities offer the flexibility that will enable ECS to continue
to expand the depth of its content and best serve the needs
of researchers in electrochemical and solid state science and
technology."

Noted HighWire's Managing Director, Tom Rump, "we are very
pleased to welcome The Electrochemical Society to the HighWire
community as they transition their publications to the HighWire
platform. Combining HighWire's leading edge and innovative
Open Platform technologies with ESC's rich depth of content,
together we will leverage the true potential of the ECS Digital
Library."

With more than 80 years of high-impact research and discovery,
the ECS DL, which currently includes the Journal of The
Electrochemical Society (JES), Electrochemical and Solid-State
Letters (ESL), ECS Transactions (ECST), Interface, and Meeting
Abstracts, continues to grow in richness, relevance, and quantity.
"ECS's tradition of scientific excellence provides a strong foundation,
yet enables a progressive atmosphere for the exchange of
knowledge and ideas, in both fundamental and applied aspects,"
adds Annie Goedkoop, ECS Director of Publications. "We look
forward to providing our community with the latest features and
best user experience online when they access the ECS Digital Library."

###

Full press release can be found at:

http://highwire.stanford.edu/PR/ECSchoosesHighWire.pdf

contact: