From: "Gilson, Thomas V" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:17:56 +0000

PLEASE EXCUSE CROSS POSTINGS.

Dear Colleagues,

The Charleston Conference is pleased to announce that our 2014 Call for
Papers and Call for Preconferences forms are now open.  The 2014 Charleston
Conference (www.katina.info/conference) will be held November 5-8 in
beautiful historic downtown Charleston, SC.  The 34th annual conference on
Issues in Book and Serial Acquisition will  have the theme "The Importance
of Being Earnest."

The Call for Preconferences form is online at:
http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-preconferences/

The deadline to receive proposals for preconference sessions is April 30,
2014.  All preconferences will be held on Wednesday, November 5.

The Call for Papers form is online at:

http://www.katina.info/conference/participate/call-for-papers/

The deadline to receive session proposals is June 18, 2014.   We are
looking for proposals on any topic relating to collection development and
acquisitions, but especially those that tie into our theme, "The Importance
of Being Earnest."  The main conference will be held from Thursday,
November 6, through Saturday, November 8, and we are seeking proposals for
the following sessions:

* Lively (Lunchtime) Discussions: 75 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri,
focused on audience interaction and discussion. Power Points are
discouraged.  Bringing your own lunch is optional for attendees.

* Concurrent Sessions: 45 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, standard
presentation with 5-10 minutes for Q&A..

* Innovation Sessions: 30 minute sessions on Saturday, focused on new
technology, innovations, etc.

* Poster Sessions: 60 minute sessions on Thurs or Fri, 6 ft. table and
chairs provided. You are responsible for bringing your own poster and
display board appropriate for table top display.

* Shotgun Sessions: 6 minute, 40 second PowerPoint presentations of 20
slides at 20 seconds each. A group of topically related Shotgun Sessions
will be grouped together in a single concurrent session time slot.

Please contact Leah Hinds with any questions at: [log in to unmask]  We look
forward to seeing you in Charleston this November!

Cordially,

The Charleston Conference Team

Tom Gilson
Associate Editor, Against the Grain