From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 16:43:50 -0500

I think the showroom idea may be a practical one.  I wrote about this a few years ago:

http://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2011/11/01/joes-metadatarium-creating-new-forms-of-discovery-in-the-bricks-and-mortar-world/

Embedded in the post is a link to a video, brought to my attention by Bob Stein.  The video presents the showroom idea in a French setting.

The references to Kickstarter in the blog post, by the way, were tongue in cheek.  Some people actually wrote me to say they wanted to pledge some money!

Joe Esposito