From: Lusiella Fazzino <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 18:48:44 +0000

Hello all

If anyone has an hour to spare, the Digital Public Library of America is interested in getting feedback from users who are not familiar with their website. They are looking to improve its usability. As many of you already know, the DPLA is an incredible resource and worthwhile endeavor.

Please email me directly if you are interested.

Apologies for any cross-postings.

Best,

Lucy Fazzino
Community Representative, DPLA

*******

The Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) is looking for volunteers to participate in an online usability study of our website.  By donating an hour of your time, you will be helping us to make significant improvements to our website and create a better experience for all our users.

What will I be asked to do?

You will be asked to complete several short tasks on the DPLA website, and on some similar websites.  An interviewer will talk with you about your experiences and perceptions of the different websites.

How can I participate?

You will need computer with video conferencing capabilities, an Internet connection, and an hour of your time.  Interviews will be conduction online via Google Hangouts or Skype (your choice).  We can help you to set up an account with either of these free video conferencing tools.

When will the interview take place?

We will schedule the interview at a time that works for you, sometime in December.

What do I need to do to prepare?

Nothing! We’d like you to come to the interview with a fresh perspective.  If possible, please do not use the DPLA website any more than you normally would before the interview.

How will my feedback be used?

Your feedback will be used by the DPLA staff, in conjunction with our external user experience (UX) researchers, to improve the DPLA website.  The DPLA or our UX partners may make public statements about the general outcome of the study; however, all personally identifiable information will be kept strictly confidential.