From: "Virginia Barbour, Executive Officer, AOASG" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 09:47:58 +1000

Hallo all,

I'm the current Chair of COPE and I do agree with the comment above that in
the first instance we do have some guidelines that can help thinking this
issue through. The first step would be to let the editor know that there is
an issue with the published work. However, in the end as this will mostly
fall under what most editors would consider an authorship dispute, the
editor can't resolve that and our advice is usually to ask the institution
to assist in adjudicating and resolving.

Best wishes
Ginny

Dr Virginia Barbour
Executive Officer, Australian Open Access Support Group - AOASG
Chair COPE