From: "Chilton, Galadriel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 15:51:22 +0000

{Please excuse cross postings.}

Dear Colleagues,

We are exploring the differences between locally-hosted and OCLC-hosted EZ Proxy.

If your institution uses OCLC-hosted EZ Proxy, what are your perceptions of the pros and cons?

We're particularly interested in others' experiences with how OCLC supports institutions when it comes to security (e.g., a need to block a user id, response time when there's been a report from a publisher of excessive downloading via the proxy IP address, etc.).

Additionally, what has the turnaround time been for adding or updating resource access via EZ Proxy?

Please feel free to reply off list if preferred.

Best wishes,
Galadriel

Galadriel Chilton
Head of Electronic Resource Services and
Electronic Resources Management Librarian
Homer Babbidge Library | University of Connecticut
369 Fairfield Way | Storrs, CT 06269