From: David Shumaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 21:10:07 -0400

Pippa--

Thank you for contributing these insights into the background of
author--publisher-- aggregator arrangements.

I have two comments in response:

First, I don't think these explain all the instances of site-based
licensing that we content buyers are confronted with. In my case, we were
dealing with US operations only, and I've never heard anyone claim the US
wasn't a single market for these purposes.

Second, why should we content buyers care? If a vendor finds itself
enmeshed in outmoded, restrictive contracts that interfere with its ability
to serve the market, then the vendor needs to go back and renegotiate those
contracts, not foist the restrictions off on the consumers. This is not the
content buyer's nor end user's problem, and we content buyers should not
let vendors make it our problem.

Best,

Dave