From: Sarah Durrant <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:19:06 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

I’m pleased to announce new opportunities to participate in the
popular *Negotiation
Skills for Librarians* online training in January 2017.

Designed for academic librarians, consortia staff and other information
professionals involved in e-resource acquisition, this 6-week
professionally facilitated online course provides a comprehensive guide to
all aspects of negotiating with publishers and other vendors.

Over six-weeks I will share highly practical knowledge, skills, tips and
tools which librarians and consortia members can apply *immediately* to
on-going and future negotiations, both new deals and renewals.

Feedback from a participant from the Jan 2016 North American online course:

*“This was my first online class…and I thought it was terrific. I was
afraid I might not get to know my classmates very well, but that wasn't the
case at all. I think we built a really good class camaraderie! The Ruzuku
platform helped with that, but I think the live weekly webinars were the
key. Sarah, you did such a good job facilitating those….The content was
excellent. [I am seriously going to laminate some of the handouts to keep
track of their points easily!] This was exactly the information I needed,
at the pace I needed it, and at the time I needed it. I don't think I could
have asked the stars to align more perfectly. This course met or exceeded
every expectation I had.” *Kim Maxwell, Electronic Resources Management
Librarian, Massachusetts Institute of Technology  [views expressed are
personal and do not reflect endorsement by the affiliate institution].

This 6-week course is based on the popular 1-day in-person workshop which I
have been adapting and delivering since 2008 throughout Europe and the
Middle East.  During that time, over 350 information professionals have
taken part with over 97% rating their experience overall as ‘Excellent’ and
100% saying they would recommend the workshop to their colleagues.

*Full Course Information & Registration*

A course timed to suit colleagues based in the United States, Canada and
compatible time-zones begins on January 12th 2017.

-   For full course details click here: http://www.sarahdurrant.co.uk/
negotiation-skills-for-librarians-online

-   To register click here: http://www.sarahdurrant.co.uk/
negotiation-skills-online-registration-winter2017na

A course timed to suit colleagues based in Europe and compatible time-zones
begins on January 11th 2017.

-   For full course details click here: http://www.sarahdurrant.co.uk/
negotiation-skills-for-librarians-online

-   To register click here: http://www.sarahdurrant.co.uk/
negotiation-skills-online-registration-winter2017europe

[For colleagues based in the southern hemisphere, a course will be
available through ALIA later in 2017 with webinar times compatible with
local time-zones. To register your interest, please email me (

Places for each course are limited and likely to be taken fast so if you
are interested, please be sure to register soon.

If you have any questions, please get in touch.

Sincerely,

Sarah Durrant

*Coaching : Learning : Facilitation : Inspiration*

Office: +44(0)1394 615714

Mobile: +44 (0)7715 121910

Email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Web: www.sarahdurrant.co.uk
uk.linkedin.com/in/sarahdurrant