From: "Greenwood, Daphne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 22:24:12 +0000

[This below was recently sent to our customers and may be of interest to
members of this listserv.]

*Daphne Greenwood, *Senior Director of Sales & Marketing, Publishing

phone: +1.202.416. 1405 <(202)%20416-1405> |  e-mail: [log in to unmask]

*The Optical Society (OSA)*

www.osa.org

______________

Dear Colleague,

As a valued OSA Publishing customer, we wanted to touch base with you
regarding some updates to our 2017 Order Form and License Agreement.

In communications that we have sent out over the last 18 months, we have
shared that OSA's access options to our Extended Backfile content will
change for some subscribers starting 1 January 2017.

An overview of the new Extended Backfile access options can be found here:
http://www.osapublishing.org/library/2017backfilepolicy.cfm#bfp.

To ensure that our license agreement is consistent with the new Extended
Backfile policy and to have a single license agreement that applies to both
single and multi-site subscribers, we have also made a few changes to our
2017 Order Form and License Agreement. The new order form and license
agreement can be found on OSA's Library Resource:
http://www.osapublishing.org/library.

If you plan to renew your OSA subscription(s) for 2017, and we hope that
you do, or if you have already done so, we will need you to sign the 2017
Order Form and License Agreement. We are, of course, here to assist you
with any questions you might have about this updated document. Please feel
free to contact your local sales representative if you would like to
discuss the newly added Extended Backfile text. Contact details for our
sales representatives by territory can be found here:
http://www.osapublishing.org/library.

Once you are ready to return your signed agreement, please scan and email
it to [log in to unmask] If you would prefer, you can also mail it to:

Publishing Sales Department

c/o Susannah Lehman

2010 Massachusetts Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20036

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to continuing to
provide you and your patrons with the highest quality optics and photonics
content in 2017.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Nolan

Deputy Executive Director and Chief Publishing Officer