From: Kimberly Steinle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 13:23:31 +0000

https://www.dukeupress.edu/Careers/jobDetail.php?jobId=256

Digital Collections Sales Manager
Marketing and Sales Group, Duke University Press

As a not-for-profit publisher, Duke University Press balances our dedication to broad dissemination with the need for sustainability. To fully achieve this goal, we need a sales manager to build relationships and extend our reach globally by selling to academic libraries, and by maintaining strong relationships with diverse partners.

The ideal candidate possesses exceptional sales and negotiation skills as well as diplomacy; is energized by working with people from various cultures and can adjust communication styles as needed to best engage with potential purchasers; and is capable of navigating complex organizational structures between libraries, consortia and sales agents. Responsibilities include domestic and international travel, so strong organizational skills are needed to effectively manage time by scheduling meetings, networking, and seeking industry knowledge.

The Digital Collections Sales Manager is responsible for increasing direct and indirect subscription revenue and circulation, with a focus on acquiring new business. DC Sales Manager communicates directly with libraries, consortia and sales agents and represents DUP products to current and potential customers. DC Sales Manager prepares and presents regular pipeline reports for new sales opportunities to internal teams and meets annual sales goals, as set by department managers.

Position closes on 01/20/2017. Please apply for requisition number 401211084.

Visit https://www.dukeupress.edu/Careers/jobDetail.php?jobId=256 for more information.

Kim Steinle | Library Relations and Sales Manager

Duke University Press

905 W. Main Street 18-B, Durham, NC 27701

tel 1.919.687.3655 | fax 1.919.680.6078

dukeupress.edu | Twitter: @DUKEpress