From: Sarah Durrant <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 09:31:50 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

The next fully-facilitated Negotiation Skills for Librarians online course will begin on March 30th 2017. This practical and popular course is designed for librarians, consortia staff and other information professionals based within North America (and compatible time zones).

This online course has now been taken by 50+ colleagues in North America and Australia, and to date all participants have rated it as either ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’.  (I have been delivering the 1-day in-person workshop on which this online course is based since 2008, frequently on behalf of UKSG.  During this time, almost 360 information professionals have taken part, with most rating their experience as ‘Excellent’ and 100% saying they would recommend the workshop to their colleagues).

Key learning goals:

  • Learn proven, highly practical negotiations skills and knowledge which you can use immediately in your professional life
  • Learn The Four Cornerstones - four key strategies which underpin all successful negotiations
  • Explore Seven Habits of Effective Negotiation, intelligent negotiation tactics which will help you get the best deal possible - on pricing and on terms
  • Apply these skills and knowledge to resolve a range of mini-negotiation situations
  • Learn a range of powerful questions to help you keep negotiations on track - plus a 5-step influencing model designed and used by the FBI!
  • Share your negotiation questions, challenges and concerns in a confidential and supportive environment
  • Build your confidence in relation to publisher negotiations
  • [optional bonus session] Learn a powerful model for developing your personal resilience, a capacity proven to enhance negotiation abilities and outcomes.

From the feedback:

“This was my first online class…and I thought it was terrific. I was afraid I might not get to know my classmates very well, but that wasn't the case at all. I think we built a really good class camaraderie! The Ruzuku platform helped with that, but I think the live weekly webinars were the key. Sarah, you did such a good job facilitating those….The content was excellent. [I am seriously going to laminate some of the handouts to keep track of their points easily!] This was exactly the information I needed, at the pace I needed it, and at the time I needed it. I don't think I could have asked the stars to align more perfectly. This course met or exceeded every expectation I had.”
Kim Maxwell, Electronic Resources Management Librarian, Massachusetts Institute of Technology*

Full course details & registration

For full course details please visit: http://www.sarahdurrant.co.uk/negotiation-skills-for-librarians-online

Places for this course are limited to 18 and will book quickly so if you are interested, please be sure to register soon to secure your place by visiting:  http://www.sarahdurrant.co.uk/negotiation-skills-online-registration-spring2017na

If you know of any colleagues who may be interested in developing their negotiation knowledge and skills, please forward this email to them.

If you have any questions about the course at all, please get in touch.

Thank you and kind regards,

Sarah

[*Kim was expressing a personal view; this is not an endorsement by MIT].

Tel: +44 (0)7715 121910

Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: www.sarahdurrant.co.uk
uk.linkedin.com/in/sarahdurrant