From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:06:28 +0000

The nice thing about Unpaywall is that it doesn’t require you to
formulate a search. If you’ve installed the app, anytime you encounter
a paywalled article you’ll see a little tab on the right-hand side of
the screen that shows you whether or not Unpaywall has found a legal
free copy. If it has, you click on the tab and it takes you straight
there.

So I guess I’d say they’re complementary.

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Collections & Scholarly Communication
Marriott Library, University of Utah
Desk: (801) 587-9989
Cell: (801) 721-1687

    From: Brian Simboli <[log in to unmask]>
    Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:56:03 -0400

    To what extent does the new Impactstory look-up capability overlap
    with the same capabilities in Google Scholar?

    When would one want to use one as opposed to the other? Or are they
    complementary?

    Thanks
    Brian Simboli
    Lehigh University